Having been noticed for some of my recent articles on ForegroundWeb, I was honored to be invited and interviewed on the show. And it was a fantastic experience for me, I can tell you that!
This is the only photography podcast to be featured by Apple as “Best of iTunes 2014”, so if you haven’t yet subscribed to it in iTunes, I recommend you do that right now. The podcast is full of actionable business tips for professional photographers and many interesting interviews with industry experts.
Happy to see my ideas reaching a larger audience and hope you get some useful notes out of the interview:
Bryan and I had a good chat about photography websites, and we covered a ton of important topics, all about photo websites:
- What makes a good photography website
- Watermarking, and focusing on the user experience rather than image theft
- The importance of your “About” page.
- How to make an efficient Contact page and how hiding your contact information can hurt your business.
- What to consider when designing your website galleries
- How to format your images to optimize their performance, and the impact of having large images on your website
- Improving SEO by keywording your images
- Responsive design and how it improves a mobile user’s experience
- Being intentional about your website design with things like larger font sizes, line height/spacing, whether to host your blog on your website, etc
- Organizing your homepage for first-time visitors
- Photography web-design trends