WordPress care plan
(special 20% discount for past clients)
If you have a WordPress site, I got you covered. With a monthly, quarterly or yearly retainer, I'll make sure that your shiny WP website continues to perform well for you and your visitors.
WordPress is a powerful beast, but with great power comes a lot of complexity, so it can be hard to keep a WP site under control. Plugins & themes need to be often updated, and they sometimes don't play well with each other. But I can handle that work and see to it that your WP website is running smoothly.
In the long run, you'll be saving money by protecting your website and having me do ongoing testing, maintenance & iterative improvements.
The 3 WordPress care plan options are all about prevention and always having a helping hand for support and fixing any problems.
The WordPress care plan is for you if...
- You're afraid to update your WP theme or plugins because you often run into technical problems
- You don't have the time for it, and would rather focus on other things
- You don't think it's important
- The way you're managing your site slowly creates performance or security problems
Leave the responsibility of WP maintenance work in the hands of a WordPress expert. I want to become your dedicated webmaster and to help you maintain a healthy & secure photography website.
What's included in the 3 options:
$60/month or $600/year
$48/month or $480/year (20% off)
- WordPress core updates (to take advantage of WordPress' recent features and security updates)
- All plugins updates (with proper backups and testing to avoid any incompatibilities/problems)
- WordPress theme version updates (which can often times be problematic)
- Full site backups (to an offsite Amazon S3 server, for added security)
- Security measures and monitoring (to prevent your website from being hacked & blacklisted)
$150/month or $1500/year
$120/month or $1200/year (20% off)
- Everything from LITE
- Development work & consulting within 1h/month (small bug fixes, design tweaks, WP admin help, etc.)
- Performance tests & optimization (for optimal load times)
- Database cleaning & optimization (to reduce db size & speed things up)
- Malware clean-up & website restores (I scan & clean-up your site manually if it already has serious problems)
- Google Search Console audit (to gain more insights on search analytics and how well Google is indexing your site)
- Uptime monitor (I get notified if the site ever goes down to fix it asap)
- Priority support (answering all your emails within 24 hours)
- Free access to my paid WordPress maintenance course
$250/month or $2500/year
$200/month or $2000/year (20% off)
- Everything from LITE & STANDARD
- Quarterly strategy consulting call (helping you grow your website and business - normally a $120/h service)
- SEO audit & ongoing improvements (to help your website rank higher in Google & gain more organic traffic - normally a $850 service)
- Site design audit (a comprehensive "teardown" of your existing website design - normally a $350 service)
- Google Analytics audit (giving you relevant insights on how visitors are engaging with your website)
- Regularly scanning and fixing broken links (or redirecting them as needed)
- License management (keeping track of software renewals & recommending free/better alternatives)
- Free WP site migration (to any hosting provider - see my review of the industry-leading WP Engine platform)
No long-term contracts, cancel anytime.
Monthly plans have a 3-month minimum commitment, to know that you're serious about your site.
What's not included:
- Advanced web-design work - If you need help with tweaking the look or functionality of your site (beyond the included 1h monthly), or fixing damages caused by third-party modifications to the site, we'll discuss that as a separate mini-project.
- Liability - Since I cannot always control the quality of the themes/plugins or hosting service you use, I will not be liable to you or any third party for damages. What I can offer instead is a strong commitment to protect the site and your best interests.
- Content management assistance - Prefer not to see the WP admin area at all, but still want to add new posts? I can surely help you (adding your content to the site, taking care of page layouts, styling, formatting, etc. But it goes outside the scope of the WordPress care plan, so we'll treat it separately.
- Email marketing assistance - On a separate basis I can also help you manage your mailing list service: lists, segmentation, merge tags, automation workflows, etc.
Why is it important?
1. Your photo website is an essential part of your business.
It's your image portfolio in the digital age and the engine that generates more sales/clients for you. Playing such a key role in the success of your business, make sure it's fully functional for your audience 24/7. Otherwise, if it's slow or partially broken, you lose clients & money. And if it's poorly secured, it can get hacked & blacklisted, a nightmare to recover from.
2. WordPress is vulnerable.
Being so popular (with tens of thousands of themes & plugins out there), the WordPress core and plugins are often the targets of various hacks and exploits. It's simply the nature of the online world, and all can you do is have plenty of preventive measures in place, and a helping hand nearby.
What happens to a poorly managed WP site?
Combining WordPress with poor hosting services, improper management, security attacks and negligence, and you get a slew of possible errors.
If you build a new website on WordPress and then you never touch it again, you never log into the admin area, it’s just a matter of time before it will go down or get hacked.
Unless you’re actively updating things, checking logs and being well informed of recent vulnerability threads, you’re not really on top of things.
The solution is prevention: properly manage your WordPress site to avoid security and functionality problems down the line.
Why not manage it yourself?
All the WordPress maintenance tasks I cover on a monthly basis require a lot of time (not to mention WP experience), taking you away from photography work. Keeping up with all the web-design trends and with the always-evolving WP plugin ecosystem is likely not one of your top priorities.
And don't fall for all the hosting providers that advertise "managed WordPress sites", that's just shallow stuff, they're automating a few admin tasks for thousands of customers at once. You need a dedicated person that can pay close attention to all the particularities of your website.