One-to-one Consulting for photographers
Get answers to your most pressing web-related questions.
You get actionable, specific advice, answering your questions on how to improve your photography website.
Especially when you're feeling overwhelmed, and you don't know what path to choose, or you're struggling with managing your website.
CLARITY is my middle name. I've worked on hundreds of photography websites over time and know the ins and outs of most platforms and content management systems.Book a one-to-one call
A consulting call is for you if...
- You have a list of specific questions/struggles related to your online presence, and you need some expert opinions
- You'd like to "pick my brain" on possible paths you can take going forward with your photography website
- You feel stuck or overwhelmed after reading contradictory information online and need an experienced "tie-breaker" to help guide you forward
If you need a comprehensive analysis of your existing site, check out my website review service instead.
You can ask me about:
- Web-design & user‑experience best practices
- Choosing the right platforms, tools, plugins for your needs
- On-site and off-site SEO, writing SEO tags and other technical details, image SEO, testing tools, etc.
- Email marketing & newsletter optimization
- Whether specific new ideas you have can be implemented or not
- Setting up your blog or online store
- Getting insights from Google Analytics & Google Search Console reports
- Bottlenecks in your workflow when managing your site
- Absolutely anything about WordPress or PhotoShelter, a lot about Squarespace, Wix, SmugMug, Zenfolio, and other platforms
- What work to prioritize to grow your online presence
And if you don't know what questions to ask me, I can give you a more detailed questionnaire as "homework" first, to help you think critically about your photography business. That always gets the right questions out!
You can also ask me to do photo critiques, but I'll politely refuse. I was a photographer myself, but photography is a form of art, so it comes down to personal taste. And just because I know the business and technical aspects of running a website, it doesn't mean that it's my place to judge your photographic work, sorry. You're responsible for the quality of work you put out into the world.
Consulting calls provide you with:
- Answers. You bring the questions, and I bring the answers. Or at least show you where to look for answers.
- Direction. My consultees usually start the call with a sense of overwhelm and finish the call with a clear plan on what to do next.
- Homework. Because consulting is not a "magic bullet". I'll just identify the most impactful tasks you should focus on, but you still have to put in the work to get results. You can hire me for implementation, have me supervise someone else to do it, or do it yourself.
After our call, you also get:
- a recording of our chat (to download and refer back to)
- free access to the ForegroundWeb subscriber area
(to download all of my free web-design and SEO resources)
- an extra check-in via email after one week (to answer any follow-up questions you might have).
"Alex's understanding of building and maintaining websites is second to none. The internet is in safe hands with him." - Paul Barkley
"His quick, calm responses to sometimes frantic "I don't remember, I don't understand" questions were the reason my site was up and running so quickly." - Walt Marz
"His communication skills are excellent and supports his work with any required follow-up flawlessly." - Janalee Silvey
Who will you be talking to?
I'm Alex Vita, and I've been building photography websites exclusively for over ten years. I was a photographer myself, so I have a good understanding of the industry nuance and what photographers are going through. (more about me)
My signature strength is thinking outside the box and seeing the overall picture.
But don't take my word for it:
"Alex, your super power in my opinion is your ability to take something technical and turn it into something even I understand and can apply to my own business." - Karolina
"I would say that your superpower is being super knowledgable about how to improve photography websites." - Maria
"Alex, your superpower is clarity." - Scott
And I use my superpowers to do good! I help photographers like you structure their websites and prioritize what needs to be done, aka figuring out the most impactful tasks instead of just doing thoughtless "busy" work.
Imagine knowing exactly what steps to take next
Instead of spinning your wheels for months on end, stuck in "analysis paralysis" mode, why not talk to the right person to try to identify the next steps you need to take?
I've been in your shoes as a solo freelance photographer, and since then I've worked remotely with hundreds of amateur & pro photographers, helping them improve their online presence.
Running a photography business is hard. Websites are "too technical". SEO is "a black box". So you might feel overwhelmed and not sure how to create a plan going forward.
So imagine getting the right advice from an experienced professional. Imagine knowing what to do next.
Schedule a live one-to-one video call with me and get specific advice to get you unstuck.