One-to-one Consulting for photographers
Get answers to your most pressing web-related questions.
You get actionable, specific advice, answering your questions on how to improve your photography website.
Especially when you're feeling overwhelmed, and you don't know what path to choose, or you're struggling with managing your website.
CLARITY is my middle name. I've worked on hundreds of photography websites over time and know the ins and outs of most platforms and content management systems.Book a one-to-one call
A consulting call is for you if...
- You have a list of specific questions/struggles related to your online presence, and you need some expert opinions
- You'd like to "pick my brain" on possible paths you can take going forward with your photography website
- You feel stuck or overwhelmed after reading contradictory information online and need an experienced "tie-breaker" to help guide you forward
If you need a comprehensive analysis of your existing site, check out my website review service instead.
You get instant clarity these topics:
- Web-design & user‑experience best practices
- Choosing the right platforms, tools, plugins for your needs
- On-site and off-site SEO, writing SEO tags and other technical details, image SEO, testing tools, etc.
- Email marketing & newsletter optimization
- Whether specific new ideas you have can be implemented or not
- Setting up your blog or online store
- Getting insights from Google Analytics & Google Search Console reports
- Bottlenecks in your workflow when managing your site
- Absolutely anything about WordPress or PhotoShelter, a lot about Squarespace, Wix, SmugMug, Zenfolio, and other platforms
- What work to prioritize to grow your online presence
And if you don't know what questions to ask me, I can give you a more detailed questionnaire as "homework" first, to help you think critically about your photography business. That always generates the right questions!
You can also ask me to do photo critiques, but I'll politely refuse. I was a photographer myself, but photography is a form of art, so it comes down to personal taste. And just because I know the business and technical aspects of running a website, it doesn't mean that it's my place to judge your photographic work, sorry. You're responsible for the quality of work you put out into the world.
Consulting calls provide you with:
- Answers. You bring the questions, and I bring the answers. Or at least show you where to look for answers.
- Direction. My consultees usually start the call feeling overwhelmed and finish the call with a clear plan on what to do next.
- Homework. Because consulting is not a "magic bullet". I'll just identify the most impactful tasks you should focus on, but you still have to put in the work to get results. You can hire me for implementation, have me supervise someone else to do it, or do it yourself.
After our call, you also get:
- a recording of our chat (to download and refer back to)
- free access to the ForegroundWeb subscriber area
(to download all of my free web-design and SEO resources)
- an extra check-in via email after one week (to answer any follow-up questions you might have).
"Alex's understanding of building and maintaining websites is second to none. The internet is in safe hands with him." - Paul Barkley
"His quick, calm responses to sometimes frantic "I don't remember, I don't understand" questions were the reason my site was up and running so quickly." - Walt Marz
"His communication skills are excellent and supports his work with any required follow-up flawlessly." - Janalee Silvey
I'll be your web-design & SEO consultant
I'm Alex Vita, and I've been building photography websites exclusively for over ten years. I was a photographer myself, so I have a good understanding of the industry nuance and what photographers are going through. (more about me)
My signature strength is thinking outside the box and seeing the overall picture.
But don't take my word for it:
"Alex, your super power in my opinion is your ability to take something technical and turn it into something even I understand and can apply to my own business." - Karolina
"I would say that your superpower is being super knowledgable about how to improve photography websites." - Maria
"Alex, your superpower is clarity." - Scott
And I use my superpowers to do good! I help photographers like you structure their websites and prioritize what needs to be done, aka figuring out the most impactful tasks instead of just doing thoughtless "busy" work.
Imagine knowing exactly what steps to take next
Instead of spinning your wheels for months on end, stuck in "analysis paralysis" mode, why not talk to the right person to try to identify the next steps you need to take?
I've been in your shoes as a solo freelance photographer, and since then I've worked remotely with hundreds of amateur & pro photographers, helping them improve their online presence.
Running a photography business is hard. Websites are "too technical". SEO is "a black box". So you might feel overwhelmed and not sure how to create a plan going forward.
So imagine getting the right advice from an experienced professional. Imagine knowing what to do next.
Schedule a live one-to-one video call with me and get specific advice to get you unstuck.
Choose between consulting & coaching options
— all delivered remotely
1. One-time consulting call
"I need quick advice"
A one-time consulting session with me to talk about your website problems & goals, and to guite you towards the right solutions, with extra email support for 1 week following our call.
We will go through as many of your specific questions as possible, leaving you with clarity on what to do next.
30' consulting call: $150
1h consulting call: $250
2. Intensive 4h consulting pack
"I need more help"
Multiple calls to make sure you're on the right path: a thorough initial consulting call, followed by extra calls to check in on your progress and provide any additional answers when needed.
A total of 4 hours of consulting calls: a 1h30' initial call, with the rest of 2h30' spread over 3 months (scheduled anytime, in 30' increments). Email support throughout.
3. Business relaunch coaching
"I need a trusted advisor for a few months"
Full consulting support to help you make serious progress on your photography business and online presence, often done before/during/after an important (re)launch.
You get 12 hours of consulting calls, whenever you need it, to be used over a duration of 4 months (in 30' increments). Email support throughout.
4. Long-term expert coaching
"I need sustained help for a long time"
The high-touch option when you're actively working on your business, and you need extra business, web & SEO support and mentoring along the way.
Three 1-hour calls per month, and email support throughout.
3 month package:
6 month package:
12 month package:
- Consulting calls are usually done on Zoom, Google Meet or Skype (audio or video, with screen sharing when needed).
- All options are expressed in USD, and invoiced & paid in advance.
- Calls are non-judgmental yet frank, and highly-personalized to your needs.
I'm usually booking one-time calls a week in advance, barring any odd holidays/vacations,
with a limited number of one-to-one calls each month (on a first-come-first-served basis).
- Longer packages get priority, and can start with a free no-obligation 15-minute "vibe-check" call.
Get more clarity!
To schedule a one-time call with me or book a consulting package,
you must first answer a few questions about your website & business, to see if we're a good fit:
Once I receive your answers, I'll follow-up within 24 hours to schedule our call(s) or to request clarifications on some of your answers.
Looking for a comprehensive analysis of your existing site? Check out my website review service instead.