Here’s some quality reading material to help you brush up on your web-design knowledge (and then take your photography website to the next level).
These are all great articles gathered by me over the last few months and written by respected photography and/or web-design publications online.
Hope they’re useful!
- First of all, you should definitely take the time to read MOZ’s guide to SEO and guide to Social Media. They’re probably the best in-depth guides out there on these topics! #mustread
- An interesting article on scrolling habits & browsing patience: Life Above and Beyond the Fold
- 7 Latest Web Design Trends for Photography Websites in 2014
- A great photographer’s guide to the Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress
- 10 Must Have WordPress Plugins
- Top 10 Most Important Things To Do After Installing WordPress
- 6 of the best backup plugins for WordPress
- A monthly category of curated free WordPress plugins, great stuff.
- Actionable security advice for WordPress users
- 20 WordPress Plugins You Can Install Today for Easier Sharing, Better Posting, and a More Powerful Blog
- The Top Reasons Why Google Isn’t Indexing Your Site Nice article, check it out if you have SEO problems.
- 7 Crucial Web Design Trends For 2015
- Fantastic article on the future of WordPress
- How to use email marketing to book more clients
- Google Search Results To Highlight Mobile-Friendly Content
- The Photographer’s Guide to Self-Promotion Great article from DPS.
- How To Build Instant Trust On Your Website
- Quality article on 5 things you need to know about social media & SEO
- Why Google Algorithm Updates Shouldn’t Matter: “Focus on the User and All Else Will Follow“
- 4 Topics Photographers Should Blog About (and one not)
- Fantastic in-depth guide: A Beginner’s Guide to Website Speed Optimization
- 7 Indispensable (and Free!) Website Graders and Content Scores
- Your Website Weaknesses And How To Improve Them
- Want to better understand the concept of “responsive web-design”? Here are 9 basic principles brilliantly explained with animations
- Don’t Make These 9 Common SEO Mistakes
- How To Set Up Analytics Goals, Segments & Events: Google Analytics 102
- Interesting article on SEO simplified for short attention spans
- And last but not least, make sure you haven’t missed any of the Foreground Blog in-depth articles
And if you’re a fast reader and you breezed through all of these, you can’t go wrong with this great collection of books recommended by TED speakers. Some fantastic titles in there!